Yes, that is a Storm Trooper and Yes, he did finish the race without drowning :)
This past Sunday I woke up before 7 (which has been the normal weekend pattern lately) and traveled almost 2 hours North to Rabun County with some friends who were running in the Warrior Dash. I came prepared to be the pack-mule and photographer for this fun event and I could not have been happier in my role :)
First of all, I know I would have hurt myself in some way or added to my pre-existing injuries, and since the next triathlon is fast approaching, I'm trying to play it safe.
Secondly, I honestly wanted to photograph this event and document all the craziness that went on...from the climbing over rusty cars, to the big military climbing wall, crawling through mud and under barbed wire and finally jumping over fire...what photographer wouldn't want to snap shots of this???!!!
Many people wore costumes to race in; here is Snookie claiming Queen of the mountain of cars
The others in the Jersey Shore group :)
This climbing wall was serious business, but all 4 of my friends in this pic made it to the top!!!
Go team!!
3 of my friends approaching the fire leap to the finish line!!!
I was (and still am!) so impressed with everyone! They finished strong with no major injuries, just minor war wounds on the knees and legs. Congratulations on becoming warriors!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment