April 13th kicks off the official 6 month training plan. For the past few months, I have been actively building my running and cycling base back up, as well as strength training. I still haven't been hitting the pool, but that will come soon enough. :P
After having an actual winter, including two snow/ice storms, the Georgia sunshine is finally shining upon us. This past weekend I got in a wonderful 7 mile trail run with my favorite four-legged running buddy, Lupa. Then yesterday I rode about 48 absolutely beautiful miles with 2 friends. There were a few climbs on the route which forced me into the granniest of all granny gears and took my breath away, but I loved it! Riding alongside farmland and hearing all the noises of nature around us, reminded me how much I love riding out on country roads. It changes the whole cycling experience when you don't have to worry so much about getting hit by cars or honked at by road raged drivers. It was refreshing and peaceful...except for the time some dogs ran out to chase us...but no one was hurt, and we just got a little adrenaline rush! :)
Now back to the title of this post "My Triathlon Journey--A look back at the past 4 years". As many triathletes do who have registered for their first Ironman, I have been thinking a lot about how I got to where I am today. I decided to make a little youtube video, which you can see below. Enjoy! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment