Thursday, September 25, 2014

IMCHOO or BUST!

I can hardly believe I'm writing this, but...IT'S TIME! 

I am all packed and ready to drive up to Chattanooga tomorrow morning.  I am taking more with me for one weekend than I took to Africa and Nepal when I was gone for over 2 weeks! It's a bit more difficult to condense things when you have to bring your own food for three days, a bike, wetsuit, and all triathlon gear.  I don't have time to go over my preparation, organization, and packing process now, but I will write up what I included in each transition and special needs bag when I get around to writing up the race report...wow that just made me nervous and excited!

Some of my lists--teaser!
I mostly wanted to write a brief post to thank all of my friends and family for being so encouraging and supportive (and understanding) during these past 6 months of intense training.  I am so blessed to have a strong support group, have made new friends along the way, and have many familiar faces to look forward to seeing on race day! 

My family will be holding these up high on race day so I can see them.  Say "hi" if you see them!
If you are interested in tracking my progress throughout the race on Sunday, there are a few different options.  The first is to go to http://www.ironman.com, scroll over the results tab and select race coverage from drop down box. Select Chattanooga. Enter my name (Elizabeth Gaylor) or bib #864 in the "athlete tracker".  This will give you updates as I pass thru the course checkpoints.

The second option is to download an app called Irontrac.  I've heard that they both can be unreliable at times and provide delays in updating, but it is better than nothing! 

Alright, I'm off to get some shuteye. Good night all! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment