...Or something like that ;)
I am excited to announce that I am now a bilateral breather!!! And this all happened because of my neck injury from a few weeks back. See? Life handed me lemons, and I made some frickin lemonade out of em! Tonight was a really great swim for me, despite the pool at the gym being freezing due to a broken heater. I swam 2000 yds at a fairly decent pace, and my neck and shoulder weren't bothering me much at all...thanks to BILATERAL breathing! :)
This is a huge step forward for me, especially when I remember where I started from. Thirteen months ago, I started training for my first triathlon and did not know how to swim with correct technique. In fact, I spent most of my adult life avoiding pools. When I did swim, I kept my head out of the water, or I held my nose. I was also an expert at dog paddling :) I cannot thank my friend and training buddy enough for teaching me all the proper freestyle techniques throughout these past 13 months. She has been so patient and beyond helpful. I am incredibly blessed to have access to her expertise (and her friendship!).
In other news...today I checked out a new triathlon store that just opened 2 weeks ago in Atlanta. It is only about 5 miles away from my house (in Atlanta traffic that takes 15-20 minutes, but a heck of a lot closer than going outside the perimeter!). If you live in the area, you should check it out--Podium Multisport. They are super helpful and carry Hammer Nutrition products (that's why I went there).
Ummmm...so....there's only 18 days until RACE DAY! Whaaaat? It's crunch time...literally...gotta keep working on strengthening my core!
It's funny what comes up when you type "crunch time" into the Google image search engine :)
This is looking like a busy week in all aspects of my life, but I'm gonna keep trying to make lemonade and try not to let stress overcome me.
Hope your week is going well so far and that good things come your way!


No comments:
Post a Comment