Saturday, April 23, 2011

It might be time for new cleats when...

1.) It takes a big push of the foot to clip them into the bike pedal
2.) you cannot clip out very easily, resulting in a low speed tip-over (going 0 mph)
3.) they look like the image below

Lesson learned for the day!  :)

Other than that, I learned that I like arm warmers a lot for chilly, drizzly early morning rides like this morning...and I think they look cool!

Welp, we just completed our last long ride before the race and it went pretty well (minus the tip-over).  We hit up Arabia and Panola Mountain paths this morning and really booked it.  I think I left one of my lungs on the side of a hill along the way, but pushed onward and upward nonetheless!   My training buddy did awesome!  I'll admit it...she's faster than me, but we are in different age groups, so that's ok ;)  
Dare I say it...I think we are ready!  (After I get new cleats of course!)  :)
Have a great weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment